Saturday, February 21, 2009

Medha Nicky Rishi: Sensuality with Poise and Glamour

Blessed with 4 national and international titles over the past 2 years Medha Nicky Rishi was Miss South Asia USA 2007 and Miss India America West coast 2006. From there, she went on to secure the International title of Miss India Galaxy 2007. Along the way, she was also the second runner up of Miss India California 2008 competition and won the crowds as she walked away with best talent, best catwalk and most photogenic at the pageant. These experiences have not only given her fame but also a platform to launch her dream of modeling and acting in the entertainment industry. She speaks five languages and has done cameos in films too. More at: www.nickyrishi.com.

Nicky with SATimes:



* What is your fitness regime or mantra?
Plenty of sleep, small meals during the day and exercise on a regular basis.


* What is your inspiration?
My inspiration is simply my family

* What are your future dreams?
My future dream is to be the next Miss India, then set that as a platform to strengthen my acting skills and shine in the entertainment industry.


* Which charities are you working with?
I have been working with Jagriti Foundation over the past 5 years, and that is one charity I will be focusing on again this year. It supports and enhances the empowerment of women all over the world: an issue that needs attention especially in third world countries.


* What brands have you modelled for?

The FaceShop, Levis, Satya Paul, Manish Malhotra, Anand Jon, Ritu Kumar, Platinum Jewelers, Kumar Jewelers etc


* Do you plan to enter Bollywood?

Yes, the near future goal is to enter Bollywood


* What is the best thing about your profession?

Best thing about my profession is that since I am pursuing my passion, there is never a dull moment in my life.


* What perfume do you wear?

Burberry Tender Touch


* Your favourite outfit?

A short black dress.

* Your dream date?
Dinner and a movie with a Renaissance man.

* What turns you off?
Superficiality turns me off.

* Three wishes you'd like to be granted if possible?
Good health throughout my life, the power and means to be a humanitarian, and another 3 wishes

* Your favourite vacation destination?
Paris

* Last but not the least, what stands you apart from others?
My deep Indian roots and strong sanskriti, along with my modern, western upbringing in the US makes me stand apart from others.


By Nikki Rattan/SATimes

No comments: