Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Making of a man: Bhavik Vasa


2005 graduate of Northwood University and working for ISTS Worldwide, a technology startup, Bhavik Vasa, Mr. India America 2006, talks to SATimes:


  • Where are you originally from?

Bhavik: Born and raised in Mumbai. Though I currently reside in northern California I am still truly a proud 'bumbaiya'.

  • Please tell us about the success achieved.

Bhavik: It was an extremely overwhelming experience to carry the title of Mr. India America 2006, along with a proud opportunity to represent India at the Indian Independence Day Parade 2007, in California. The appreciation, love and support of our people so far away from home has been awesome.

  • What is your fitness regime or mantra?

Bhavik: Passion, Patience and Perseverance… Believe me, I agree more than anyone else that it's easier said than done. Oh, even I have my off days, bored of routine jogging and exercises at the gym. Hence the trick is to keep mixing it up with different sports: swimming, cycling, soccer, squash. Even golf works!

  • What is your inspiration?

Bhavik: Leave my Mark behind… tattooed on my foot is a constant reminder of my hunger and inspiration to keep achieving.

  • What are your future dreams and plans?

Bhavik: An entrepreneur at heart, there is much work in progress to soon take that first plunge.

  • What brands have you modeled for?

Bhavik: Nothing particularly recently.

  • Do you plan to enter Bollywood?

Bhavik: My sister Vandita Vasa is an actress and part of the industry, so by virtue of association I have been asked this question many times. My consistent answer: 'yes of course, why not?! Just waiting for an offer I cannot refuse)'.

  • What is the best thing about your profession? And the worst?

Bhavik: Like any profession, even this one has its challenges and of course sometimes the pretence and superficiality can get extremely annoying, but true passion for performance gives me an ultimate high.

  • What perfume do you wear?

Bhavik: These days it's YSL L'Homme & Lacoste Essential.

  • Your favorite outfit?

Bhavik: My destroyed/torn A&F jeans with a white tee.

  • Your first crush?

Bhavik: Wow… this was a long time ago. Probably, my 8th grade English teacher.

  • What is your favorite bedroom line?

Bhavik: (laughs) The bedroom's just an option, there are many alternatives!

  • Three wishes you'd like to be granted if possible?

Bhavik: First wish - The apt and expected answer would be to ask for 'World Peace' or something (smiles) but for now let's make the number of wishes unlimited.

Second wish - The courage to tell my mom I just can't add her on my Facebook though I love her a lot.

Third wish- People to guess my age correctly and not identify me as much older as they do all the time.

  • Last but not the least, what stands you apart from others?

Bhavik: Simply being me.

Log on to http://bhavikvasa.wordpress.com/ to know more.



By Nikki Rattan

No comments: